Over at Creative Playhouse Ive been thinking a lot about purposeful play and have started a 5 days of Play pin board to help plan some activities for Jake and I to do together. So, this week I wanted to share 5 of my favourite blogs that generally focus on purposeful play ideas. It was difficult to narrow it down to just 5 as there are so many fabulous blogs out there, but here they are!
If you are in to kid blogs at all you have more than likely heard of my first 2 with good reason no less.
1. The Imagination Tree is beautiful and calming and inspiring, and is just full of wonderful imaginative ideas for arts and crafts, sensory play, pretend play, and early learning. Each activity is shown with lovely photographs and with concise descriptions that include all the developmental, learning and beneficial aspects of the activity.
2. Nurture Store is fun and wonderful, and there is absolutely something for everyone; from crafts, role play, playdough ideas, messy play and some amazing outdoor and garden play ideas. The site is super easy to navigate and and the weekly play planner is fantastic so do sign up for it!
3. Learn with Play at Home has brilliant play activities for babies, toddlers and pre-schoolers. Each activity comes with a ‘how to’ simplify or extend the activity for different ages and stages. It has such an easy, clean, and friendly feel to it; its easy to find what you’re looking for and is so inspiring!
4. Coffee Cups and Crayons is a pretty new blog to me, but as soon as I found it I was hooked. Firstly, its gorgeous, secondly its totally relatable, and thirdly the play activities are fantastic and unique, which is unique in itself! Go check this fab site out.
5. Make, Do & Friend is amazing! Its one of my all time favourite blogs; its just so simple and engaging – full of fun play ideas that I want to do! There are clever craft ideas, sensory and messy play, book inspired play and much much more! A must read for anyone looking after children.
I hope you love these blogs too! See you next week. 🙂